Code of Ethics
- To keep the welfare of the patient, specifically in regards to
their needs for an ocular prosthesis, uppermost at all times and to ensure, to
the best of my ability that any patient in need of my services receives
- To gain appropriate competencies so as to provide the best
possible product and patient care, and to maintain such competencies through
- To promote patient participation in decisions, which effect them,
by providing accurate and up to date information, in terms which they, the
patient can understand.
- To refer to another professional whenever further expertise is
necessary for the patients benefit.
- To maintain my practice in keeping with professional standards
and if deemed necessary by the Ocularists Association of Australia Ltd to allow
review of myself and my practice by my peers.
- To hold in the strictest professional confidence all patient
information and use such data only for the benefit of the patient.
- To promote and maintain cordial and mutually useful relationships
with members of my profession and of other professions, for the interchange of
information for my professional growth and for the advantage of my patients.